SpecLab is a piece of software written exclusively to work with our Specular Tempus pedal. You have full access to the 4 core parameters and 4 additional parameters, plus a myriad of other operational configurations for deep-editing the algorithms. Changes resulting from twiddling the dials and switches can be audition with your pedal, in real time. When you've found the parameter settings that you're satisfied with you may store them as presets in Specular Tempus.
- Browse through the reverb and delay algorithms library.
- Customize the algorithms and store them to your pedal as presets.
- Read the stored algorithms in your pedal and display them on screen.
- Save local presets (favorites) in your computer.
- Configure the MIDI channel on your pedal.
- Factory setting reset, Library update and Firmware update.
- Real-time preview as you tweak the parameter controls.
- Up to 4 additional (virtual) parameters are available for each algorithms.
Software ( current version : 2.0.1 )
Windows : XP, 7, 8.x, 10
* USB Driver need to be installed only once. When installing a newer software version the USB driver need not be re-installed.
Mac OS X : 10.12 (Sierra)
10.11 (El Capistan)
Compatibility with older / newer versions has not been verified.
* Please uninstall older software version from you PC or Mac first before installing newer version.
Firmware ( current version : V1.3 and V3.0 )
Download this one if your pedal's serial number is of the form STRD-001xxx
Download this one if your pedal's serial number is of the form STRD-002xxx (2nd batch). Serial number can be viewed in editor software : Menu > Serial Number, it's also printed on the pedal's packaging box.
Release notes : Firmware v3.0 features the following improvements :
Update procedure :
1. Download and install editor software SpecLab v2.0.1 (or above).
2. Download firmware v.3.0 (or above)
3. Do Firmware Update :
- Hold down both footswitches while applying power to your pedal.
- When the normal power-up sequence is completed release the footswitches.
- Connect the pedal to your computer and start the editor software.
- When prompted, browse for the firmware file you've just downloaded and start the update.
4. Do Factory Reset
- Menu >> Factory Reset.
5. Do Library Update
- Menu >> Library Update.
6. Reboot the pedal - DONE.
* NOTE : This update procedure will overwrite the the presets you previously stored in your pedal so we advise you to note down your current presets before performing the procedure.